Lutheran congregations become part of the Lutheran High School Association to extend their ministry by Nurturing Christian Hearts, Building Strong Minds through Lutheran secondary education in the region. Association congregations ensure that an educational environment is available to teenagers in which they can grow spiritually, academically, and socially. Member congregations partner with the Association to assure such an environment for young people in their own congregations, but also support such an environment for other Christian young people in the region.
Benefits of Association Membership Include:
- Congregation members receive an annual discount (normally more than $1000) for their students
- Opportunities to help direct the Association toward the future through delegate meetings
- Regular information about the on-going ministry of the Lutheran high schools
- Occasional participation by Lutheran high school musical groups in congregational worship
- Participation with the Lutheran high schools in service opportunities
Obligations of Association Membership Include:
- Each congregation is expected to make an annual commitment of financial support to the Association, providing proportionate support for the ministry based on congregational resources and number of students attending; see attached for recommendations on how to determine that support.
- Each congregation must name a delegate (and an alternate), who will represent the congregation at Delegate Meetings, vote for the Board of Trustees, and share information about the high schools with the congregation.
- Each congregation will regularly raise up the ministry of the Lutheran High School Association in its corporate prayers.
The current congregations of the Lutheran High School Association are listed below. Because many of them also support Lutheran elementary schools, those are also listed. If the church or school has a web site, clicking on their name will take you to that site.