JV Boys Soccer Coach
Summary of Responsibilities: The coach reports to the Athletic Director. The coach is responsible for coaching his/her team, while also completing any paperwork and other chores related to the sport. The behavior of the coach and the players should be representative of Lutheran High School South.
Work Related Expectations:
- Follows the guidelines and philosophy set up by the Athletic Department.
- Varsity coaches must complete the online rules review each year
- Verifies that students have a physical on file, according to MSHSAA guidelines.
- Communicates to the Athletic Director when a student is dropped or added to the team roster.
- Finalizes roster so eligibility information can be turned into MSHSAA.
- Communicates early dismissal needs at least one week early.
- Submits names of the managers, if any, to the Athletic Director and is responsible for supervision of the managers.
- Hands out and collects team uniforms. The coach is responsible for all uniforms being stored back into appropriate storage for next year.
- Reports scores of games to news media/MSHSAA web-site in a timely manner.
- Coaches of varsity teams should submit stats immediately following contest.
- Alerts the Athletic Director of any technical or red cards so the Athletic Director and Principal can respond to MSHSAA.
- Notify the Athletic Director of any injuries, player challenges, etc.
- Official evaluations are completed on the MSHSAA web-site by the communicated deadline.
- Completes and submits end of season reports to the Athletic Director’s office within two weeks of completed season.
- Previous experience as a high soccer coach
- Completed a minimum of 60 college credit hours
- Holds a substitute teaching certificate or eligible to receive such
- Must possess excellent leadership, organization and interpersonal skills
- Ability to develop and implement a plan that will yield program success and positive experience to team members and staff all within the mission of Lutheran South
Qualified applicants are asked to email resume and cover letter to:
Sharon Thurman, Human Resources Manager
For specific information about this job, please contact:
Mark Linneman, Director of Athletics, at mlinneman@LSlancers.org