The Lutheran High School Association of St. Louis is seeking to hire a full-time qualified educator to teach various levels of Art curriculum for the 2020-2021 school year for its Lutheran High School South campus. This full-time position requires a credentialed teacher who has a passion for the arts, is enthusiastic about building relationships, and is willing to share his or her Christian faith with high school students. Master’s degree is not required but it is preferred.
● Integrates Biblical principles and Christian worldview throughout curriculum
● Teaches skills, knowledge, and concepts following approved curriculum and appropriate learning activities to enable students to achieve established course standards of achievement
● Utilizes a variety of methodologies of instruction using educational equipment, books, and learning aids
● Prepares well-developed lesson plans according to school policy and course objectives
● Adapts teaching methods and materials to meet student needs, interests, and abilities
● Establishes and maintains standards of student behavior to provide an effective learning environment
● Communicates with students, parents, other faculty, staff, counselors and administrators regarding academic and behavioral issues
● Maintains appropriate professional interaction with students, parents, administrators, co-workers, and other colleagues
● Attends school functions, faculty meetings, in-service events, conferences, retreats, and workshops
● Strives for personal professional development
● Meets the physical demands generally necessary for effective teaching
● Additional duties as assigned
Compensation Package and Terms of Service
The salary and benefit package is dependent on the level of education and experience. The faculty member’s offer of employment shall be on an annual basis. Status on the LCMS official roster (Divine Call) shall be made available to individuals who qualify.
Email cover letter and resume to: Sharon Thurman, Human Resources Manager: SThurman@LHSAstl.org