Financial Aid Coordinator
The Lutheran High School Association is seeking to hire a Financial Aid Coordinator for its Lutheran North Middle & High School campus. This is a non-exempt, part-time (20 hours/week) position that may be expanded into a full time position.
The Financial Aid Coordinator will provide support for the processing and awarding of financial assistance to students. The Coordinator processes applications and determines awards within the established financial assistance program with the goal of helping families meet their financial obligations. The Coordinator’s assistance in managing the awards’ process is critical to the achievement of net revenue targets delivered from a culture of excellent service in a caring and Christian environment in line with our mission and values.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for carrying out the established financial assistance processes
- Works with the Principal to develop annual goals and objectives for the financial assistance programs
- Tracks the awarding of all forms of financial assistance, assesses the effectiveness of the strategies and programs, and provides periodic reporting as requested to Administration
- Manages the FACTS-Aid system (or equivalent system) and the evaluation and establishment of financial need for all applicants; communicates with parent applicants to ensure established needs are accurate and all necessary documentation is obtained
- Oversees all financial assistance program administrative functions, including communications about all awards
- Coordinates the process and evaluation of need outcomes with the Admissions Director; communicates regularly with the Admissions Director and parents concerning establishing need and eligibility for awards
- Provides the highest levels of caring, professional, Christian concern and customer service in all communications with internal and external audiences
- Demonstrates personal commitment to the school’s strategic plan goals and mission and ensures that all programs support those as well
- Bachelor’s degree strongly preferred
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in admissions, student accounts or financial aid within a school setting; experience with the awarding of need-based financial aid required
- Proficiency with student information systems and financial aid systems to establish financial need (experience with BlackBaud/FACTS products highly desirable), Microsoft Word, Excel, and Google Suite products.
- Proven success in an outcomes-oriented environment
- Effective in working with many details in a multitask environment
- Ability to demonstrate the understanding of cultural differences and cultural adjustment necessary to work effectively with diverse populations
- Excellent communication, organizational, and motivational skills
- Ability to maintain a flexible schedule including some weekends, weeknights, and weekends in support of events
- Fully accepts our belief statement and actively exhibits these Christian values and behavior in all they say and do
- Must be a member of, and in regular attendance at, a Christian congregation
To apply for this position: Email cover letter, resume and references to: Sharon Thurman, Human Resources Manager: Sthurman@LHSAstl.org