Admissions Assistant (part-time)
The Lutheran High School Association of St. Louis is seeking to hire a part-time Admissions Assistant for its Lutheran North Middle & High School Campus. This is a non-exempt position. To apply for this position: Email cover letter, LHSA application, resume and references to: Sharon Thurman, Human Resources Manager: Sthurman@LHSAstl.org
Incumbent assists with the management of the admissions efforts of the school. Incumbent must perform all assigned duties and responsibilities, as outlined below, in an efficient manner. Incumbent must have a firm commitment to Christian education, the ability and desire to multi-task effectively and the personality to represent the school positively to parents, students, teachers and visitors.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assists with the coordination, planning and implementation of admissions events. May require some evening and/or weekend hours.
- Assist in making phone calls to prospective families for the school in conjunction with Director of Admissions.
- Assists with preparing materials for prospective families including mailings, flyers, packets, invitations, nametags, etc.
- Assists in coordinating volunteers to help with projects.
- Communicates regularly with Director of Admissions about applicant information.
- Organized, personable with excellent customer service skills
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks
- Ability to maintain confidentiality regarding students, families, etc.
- Knowledge and understanding of Lutheran school education and Lutheran North preferred
- Excellent verbal, written and phone communication skills
- Computer and data entry expertise (Experience with Microsoft, Excel and Google Docs preferred)
- Ability to type a minimum of 45 wpm
- Flexibility in schedule to accommodate some evening and weekend hours
- Experience working with middle school and/or high school students and families preferred
- Projects a positive, proactive, helpful, courteous and friendly demeanor
High school diploma; college degree preferred
EXPERIENCE: Minimum of two years of experience in an office or other professional work setting with multiple projects and deadlines