Lutheran South High School is seeking qualified educators to teach in a variety of academic areas, including English, Resource Room (Special Education), Chemistry, and STEM beginning in the 2023-2024 school year. Depending on the candidate’s skill set, these positions could be full or part-time in one academic area or a combination of multiple areas.
These positions require a credentialed teacher who has a passion for the ministry, is enthusiastic about building relationships, and is driven by teaching the content to high school students. Specialization in the content area is desired, and a Master’s degree is preferred.
- Integrates Biblical principles and Christian worldview throughout the curriculum
- Teaching is in alignment with the Lutheran Church-Missouri Synod
- Teaches skills, knowledge, and concepts following approved curriculum and appropriate learning activities to enable students to achieve established course standards of achievement
- Utilizes a variety of methodologies of instruction using educational equipment, books, and learning aids
- Prepares well-developed lesson plans according to school policy and course objectives
- Adapts teaching methods and materials to meet student needs, interests, and abilities
- Establishes standards of student behavior to provide an effective learning environment
- Communicates with students, parents, other faculty, staff, counselors and administrators regarding academic and behavioral issues
- Maintains appropriate professional interaction with students, parents, administrators, co-workers, and other colleagues
- Attends school functions, faculty meetings, in-service events, conferences, retreats, and workshops
- Strives for personal professional development
- Meets the physical demands generally necessary for effective teaching
- Additional duties as assigned
Compensation Package and Terms of Service
The salary and benefits package is dependent on the level of education and experience. The faculty member’s offer of employment shall be on an annual basis. It is assumed that, given a positive performance review related to the professional development program, employment will be ongoing. Status on the Lutheran Church-Missouri Synod (LCMS) official roster (Divine Call) shall be made available to individuals who qualify.
TO APPLY FOR THESE POSITIONS: