Family and Consumer Science Teacher
The Lutheran High School Association of St. Louis is seeking to hire a Family and Consumer Science Teacher at its Lutheran North Middle and High School campus. Lutheran North is a diverse educational community whose unity is in Jesus Christ. Our community is very strong and well supported. Our education is college preparatory, our expectations are high, and our community is a family.
About this position:
- Full-time Part-time: X ( 50 - 75% of full-time employment)
- Subject Area(s): Family and Consumer Science
Summary of Duties and Areas of Responsibilities: The teacher’s responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Teaches skills, knowledge, and concepts following approved curriculum and appropriate learning activities to enable students to achieve established course standards of achievement
- Conduct daily and long-range planning for classroom or program activities.
- Display knowledge of the curriculum and subject matter.
- Use effective teaching techniques, strategies, and skills during lessons.
- Prepares well-developed lesson plans according to school policy and course objectives
- Adapts teaching methods and materials to meet student needs, interests, and abilities
- Establishes and maintains standards of student behavior to provide an effective learning environment
- Communicates with students, parents, faculty, staff, counselors and administrators regarding academic and behavioral issues
- Maintains appropriate professional interaction with students, parents, administrators, co-workers, and other colleagues
- Attends school functions, faculty meetings, in-service events, conferences, and workshops
- Strives for personal growth and professional development
- Diligently keeps and reports student records (attendance, grades, etc.)
- Additional duties as assigned
- Espouse and minister in accordance with the school’s philosophy of Christian education and the Lutheran church (LCMS)
- Excited to work in a diverse, urban setting
- Possess a current teaching certificate from the State of Missouri
- Prefer a minimum of 5 years teaching experience
- Ability and patience to work interactively with students
- Organization, time management, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to deliver teaching instruction in accordance with approved curriculum and standards
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to understand and help meet the individual needs of each student