The Lutheran High School Association of St. Louis is seeking to hire a Maintenance/Custodian Worker
at its Lutheran North Middle and High School campus. Lutheran North is a diverse educational community whose unity is in Jesus Christ.
Our community is very strong and well supported. Our education is college preparatory, our expectations are high, and our community is a family. For more information, refer to the website: http://www.LNcrusaders.org
About this position:
- Full-time X Part-time: X may also be an option (______% time employment)
Summary of Duties and Areas of Responsibilities:
- Appropriate safety precautions to be used at all times while performing essential duties.
- Communicate with staff and Building Administration in an effective and timely manner.
- Reports directly to Facility Supervisor and works cooperatively with other staff members performing custodial and maintenance needs.
- Keep interior and exterior building premises neat and clean at all times with the support of the Facilities Supervisor.
- Maintain custodial closets as directed, and custodial tools and equipment.
- Lock/unlock doors in accordance with building requirements.
- Perform custodial needs as follows but not limited to the following: Sweeping/Dust Mopping/Spot Mopping and wet Scrubbing/Stripping/Waxing/Buffing Floors, Restrooms (cleaning & sanitizing), daily cleaning of facility as outlined by the Facility Supervisor. .
- Perform maintenance needs as follows but not limited to the following: Electrical (swithches, fuses, bulbs, light fixtures, etc.), HVAC/R (light cleaning of coils),Plumbing (toilet repair, drinking fountains, faucets, drains, etc.) Misc. facility repairs (windows, shades, flooring, ceiling, doors and closures), desks, furniture, and lockers as outlined by Facility Supervisor.
- Load/unload the storage of deliveries and supplies.
- Move furniture or equipment within the building for various activities as directed, and must be able to lift 75lbs.
- Be available for emergency response situations to include but not limited to the following: Snow Removal, Facility set-up and clean up for a variety of campus activities with the support of the Facilities Supervisor.
- Possess the ability to work in adverse weather conditions (i.e., heat, cold, rain, and snow).
- Consult with the immediate Supervisor regarding any observed maintenance, safety or problem areas.
- Report any accidents or unsafe incidents to the immediate Supervisor and/or member of the Building Administrative Team.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Principal and his/her designee.
- The custodian should demonstrate the ability to perform the tasks listed. Must complete assigned tasks in accordance with established time and quality control guidelines.
- Hours may be flexible in order to meet the needs of the school as well as the individual. This can include early mornings or evening work times, as necessary and/or mutually agreed upon.
MINIMUM EDUCATION, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
High school diploma
Experience in a variety of custodial and maintenance areas is beneficial