In the beginning . . .
In 1939, Rudolph Kuhlmann, a member of Our Redeemer-Overland, inspired by Lutheran Hour broadcasts, donated two dollars of seed money to the LLL for the purpose of starting a Lutheran high school.
In 1943, restrictions on building materials and accessible space almost extinguished the idea. But sustained applause at a local school concert greeted an LLL chapter president’s announcement about the possibility of creating a Lutheran high school. That response rekindled interest. A year later, several city congregational boards of education appointed an exploratory committee. That membership merged with the LLL representation at the first official association meeting in February 1944.