The Lutheran High School Association is seeking to hire a dance team coach for its Lutheran North campus.
Start date: October 30, 2017
Summary of Duties and Responsibilities:
The coach will be responsible for coaching, while also completing any paperwork and other chores related to the sport. The behavior of the coach and the players should be representative of Lutheran High School North. The coach will be responsible for coaching the winter season.
Work Related Expectations:
- Follows the guidelines and philosophy set up by the Athletic Department.
- Varsity coaches must complete MSHSAA annual online rules review.
- Verifies that students have a physical on file, according to MSHSAA guidelines.
- Communicates to the Athletic Director when a student is dropped or added to the team roster.
- Finalizes roster so eligibility information can be turned into MSHSAA.
- Communicates early dismissal needs at least one week early.
- Submits names of the managers to the Athletic Director and is responsible for supervision of the managers.
- Hands out and collects team uniforms. The coach is responsible for all uniforms being stored back into appropriate storage for next year.
- Notify the Athletic Director of any injuries, player challenges, etc.
- Completes and submits end of season reports to the Athletic Director’s office within two weeks of completed season.
- Keeps up-to-date on rules and skill development of the sport.
- A team player within the Athletic Department and supportive of other departments at the high school.
- Previous experience as a high school coach or high school head coach preferred
- Completed a minimum of 60 college credit hours
- Holds a substitute teaching certificate or eligible to receive such
- Responsible, organized, creative and hard working to contribute to a successful sports season
To apply for this position, please click on the link below to complete the Employment Application. Email the Employment Application, cover letter and resume to Sharon Thurman, Human Resources Manager at SThurman@LHSAstl.org.