Head Coach - Boys Tennis
The Lutheran High School Association of St. Louis is seeking to hire a Head Boys Tennis Coach for its Lutheran High School South Campus.
Start Date: February 26, 2018
To apply for this position, please click on the link below to complete the Employment Application. Email the Employment Application,
cover letter and resume to Sharon Thurman, Human Resources Manager at SThurman@LHSAstl.org.Employment Application
Summary of Duties and Responsibilities
Reports to the Athletic Director. Maintains a close working relationship with assistant coaches. The Head Coach is responsible for coaching his/her team, while also completing any paperwork and other chores related to the sport. The behavior of the coach and the players should be representative of Lutheran High School South.
Work Related Expectations:
- Follows the guidelines and philosophy set up by the Athletic Department
- Varsity coaches must attend the state rules’ meetings each season.
- Verifies that students have a physical on file, according to MSHSAA guidelines.
- Communicates to the Athletic Director when a student is dropped or added to the team roster.
- Finalizes roster so eligibility information can be turned into MSHSAA.
- Communicates early dismissal needs at least one week early.
- Submits names of the managers to the Athletic Director and is responsible for supervision of the managers.
- Hands out and collects team uniforms. Head coach is responsible for all uniforms being stored back into appropriate storage for next year.
- Reports scores of games to news media/MSHSAA web-site in a timely manner.
- Coaches of varsity teams should submit stats immediately following contest. Head coach is responsible for accurate stats.
- Alerts the Athletic Director of any technical or red cards so the Athletic Director and Principal can respond to MSHSAA.
- Notify the Athletic Director of any injuries, player challenges, etc.
- Official evaluations are completed on the MSHSAA web-site by the communicated deadline.
- Completes and submits end of season reports to the Athletic Director’s office within two weeks of completed season.
- Previous experience as a high school head tennis coach preferred
- Completed a minimum of 60 college credit hours
- Holds a substitute teaching certificate or eligible to receive such