Director of Institutional Advancement
The Lutheran High School Association of St. Louis (Association) is seeking to fill the position of Director of Institutional Advancement. The Director is responsible for the Advancement Office and the creation and attainment of fundraising goals, budgets and any fundraising campaigns for the Association. The key areas of responsibility within the Advancement Office are development, including major gifts and annual fund fundraising, marketing and communications, and alumni services.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Will work with the President and V.P. of Business and Finance to establish departmental budgets and fundraising revenue goals and budgets for the Association and all schools and will be responsible for the management of those budgets, regular assessment of the cost-effectiveness of the department and achieving agreed upon revenue budgets.
- Will serve as the Association’s “chief fundraiser”, provide leadership to the Development staff, implement an annual development plan and sustain a high performing development program.
- Will recommend policy changes or creation related to the work of the Advancement Office to the President and ensure compliance with all laws and external regulations regarding fundraising and development activities.
- Will provide leadership, management, and coordination of the Association’s Marketing and Communications Department and work with the Director of Marketing and Communications to ensure the development of a comprehensive marketing campaigns.
- Will provide oversight of the planning and coordination of special events for fundraising purposes.
- Will work with the President in directing and monitoring the attainment of the priorities and goals in the strategic plan.
- Will establish and maintain productive relationships with foundations and the private and corporate business communities.
- Bachelor’s degree required, master’s preferred; Certified Fund Raising Executive (CFRE) designation is desirable
- Minimum of 7 years of progressively responsible experience with development and fundraising efforts, preferably in an educational environment, with demonstrated ability to design and implement effective cultivation, solicitation and stewardship strategies for individual giving
- Working knowledge of the various vehicles and legal and procedural requirements associated with planned gifts development
- Proven management success in an outcomes-oriented environment; successful senior leadership experience in a comprehensive/capital campaign is desirable
- Effective in working with many details in a multitask, multi-site environment and leading a team in that environment
- Ability to demonstrate the understanding of cultural differences and cultural adjustment to work effectively with diverse populations
- Superior interpersonal skills; demonstrated ability to build and maintain relationships with high net worth individuals as well as new and old supporters and alumni and to maintain confidentiality
- Excellent communication, organizational, and motivational skills with the ability to speak clearly and credibly about college preparatory, Lutheran/Christian high school education and the vision, message and aspirations of the Association and each school
- Ability to maintain a flexible schedule including weekends, weeknights, and weekends
- Proficiency with general donor information and CRM systems (experience with Raiser’s Edge is highly desirable), Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Fully accepts our belief statement and actively exhibits these Christian values and behavior in all they say and do, agreeing to limit their personal expression to remain in alignment with the schools stated religious beliefs and those of our sponsoring church, The Lutheran Church – Missouri Synod
- Must be a member of and in regular attendance at a Christian congregation, a Lutheran church is strongly preferred
TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION: Email cover letter and resume to: