Director of Enrollment Management
The Lutheran High School Association is seeking to hire a Director of Enrollment Management. This is a full-time (12-month) exempt position. Benefits include: health insurance, retirement and disability, paid vacation and sick leave.
The Director of Enrollment Management will develop, implement, coordinate, and provide institutional leadership for the recruitment/admission process in coordination with the President/Superintendent and school Principals; including enrollment analysis, forecasting, benchmarking, goal setting, marketing and planning for focused student recruitment to meet established and desired student needs. The Director will also directly supervise the Admissions Offices at each school campus involving the day-to-day activities that include managing and overseeing the functions of recruitment, admissions, financial aid, student employment (work/study) programs, and will supervise the International Student Program Office. The Director will work with the administration and Admissions Offices in developing and sustaining middle/elementary school partnerships and relationships in support of the programs at each school.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Participate in establishing enrollment goals and financial aid policy and implement those policies through well documented student-centered procedures that fully utilize the capabilities of the onCampus suite of student information system tools (or other software as selected by the institution).
- Provide leadership and coordination to the new student recruitment and admissions process and directly supervise the Admissions Directors and International Programs Director. Assist these functions where possible through activities including but not limited to student/parent interviews, Shadow Day events, middle school visits, Open Houses, Transition Nights, Financial Aid workshops, On-Site Admission Days, public outreach events and general information sessions; ensure recruitment appearances at church organizations, MS graduations and partner agencies; coordinate and conduct campus tours as requested. Remains abreast of current best practices in enrollment management through active participation in professional organizations and collaboration.
- Coordinate with the Director of Marketing and Communications and the Vice President of Advancement in the development of a comprehensive marketing campaign for lead generation in support of admissions goals. Help monitor the effectiveness of our marketing channels and initiatives.
- In coordination with the school leadership, academic departments, and the International Program Director devise, develop and coordinate general recruitment, admissions process and financial aid documents and forms. Develop and coordinate the publication of on-going financial aid process documents and forms for continuing students.
- Coordinate with Principals, School Registrars and Office staff to monitor actual enrollment and retention figures and attainment of associated goals. Collect and analyze data regarding applications, the admissions process and financial aid. Create tracking and reporting tools to communicate status of enrollment processes to various constituents, including the maintenance of a marketing and admissions funnel tool. Analyze enrollment data to identify trends, help establish realistic enrollment goals and track our data against external benchmarks. Ensure alignment of admissions communications to school communications and practices. Assist schools in communicating with families to sustain high levels of retention and to identify and resolve key reasons for attrition.
- Lead in the development of a multi-dimensioned strategic financial aid model designed to attract a diverse and balanced student body that also meets the net tuition budget needs of the institution. Responsible for the awarding of all financial aid and reviews all financial assistance appeals. Periodically audit and review financial aid applications and awards of financial support to ensure these are within the limits set by established policies, rules and regulations; adjust awards on a continuous basis.
- Ensure that the enrollment processes have high levels of appropriate communication to students and parents appropriate to the state in each process that project our mission, message and values clearly and in a timely way.
- Bachelor’s degree required, master’s preferred
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in a school setting. At least 5 years of experience in admission/recruitment/sales/marketing related roles.
- Proficiency general student information systems (experience with BlackBaud products highly desirable), Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Proven management success in an outcomes-oriented environment
- Effective in working with many details in a multitask, multi-site environment and leading a team in that environment
- Ability to demonstrate the understanding of cultural differences and cultural adjustment to work effectively with diverse populations
- Excellent communication, organizational, and motivational skills
- Ability to maintain a flexible schedule including weekends, weeknights, and weekends
- Fully accepts our belief statement and actively exhibits these Christian values and behavior in all they say and do, agreeing to limit their personal expression to remain in alignment with the schools stated religious beliefs and those of our sponsoring church, The Lutheran Church – Missouri Synod
- Must be a member of and in regular attendance at a Christian congregation, a Lutheran church is strongly preferred
To apply for this position: Email cover letter, statement (or include in letter) on philosophy of admissions and financial aid, resume and references to: Sharon Thurman, Human Resources Manager: Sthurman@LHSAstl.org