The Lutheran High School Association of St. Louis is seeking to immediately hire a full-time Spanish Teacher for the second semester of the 2018-2019 school year for its Lutheran High School North campus.
Lutheran North is a diverse educational community whose unity is in Jesus Christ. Our community is very strong and well supported. The curriculum is college-prep and this is a fantastic place to work. For more information, refer to the website: http://www.lhsnstl.org
. Summary of Duties and Areas of Responsibilities:
The teacher’s responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
● teaching classes as assigned utilizing innovative and engaging methods;
● maintaining a classroom climate that supports a learning environment for all students;
● daily keeping and reporting of student records (attendance, grades, etc.)
● co-curricular supervisory activities as agreed upon with school administration;
● Must espouse, and minister in accordance with, the school’s philosophy of Lutheran, Christian education
● Must be state-certified to teach in the specified area (secondary level Spanish I, II, III & IV)
● Preferably has a minimum of 5-years of teaching experience
● Preferably possesses a Master's Degree in Spanish
● Preferably certified to teach AP classes and/or 1818 classes through St. Louis University
● Preferably holds membership and be active in a congregation of the Lutheran Church - Missouri Synod
Benefits include: health benefits, flex spending plans, disability and retirement plans.
To Apply: Email cover letter and resume to: Sharon Thurman, Human Resources Manager at sthurman@LHSAstl.org